The world is awakened. Sounds of children playing fill the air. Trips are taken. Fireworks light up the night sky. Summer is here! Summer is here for now. At some point it will fade away. It is effortless in going but thankfully easy coming as well. Summer will be back.
Published by Jolie Wicklund
Summer can be a time of “recharging” one’s batteries and doing something completely different than we do at other times of the year. Did you make a “bucket list of things to do after school was out for the summer? If so, how many things did you do?
Some of my “bucket list” of things to do this summer was:
- Going swimming
- Spending time at the library
- Spending more time with my family
- Taking everyone on a picnic
- Going camping with the entire family
- Volunteering at my local church
- Keeping in touch with family and friends who live away from me by writing letters instead of sending emails.
- Going through family pictures and putting them in albums
- Learning Spanish
- Going to the movies and eating buttered popcorn!
- Being thankful and truly appreciative of all the good things in my life
- Going on vacation, go someplace new that you have always wanted to go.
- Keep a journal of your summer to look back on and remember all the good times you had with family and friends.
- Learn to water ski
Did I get everything completed on my bucket list? No, but there’s always next summer! What were some of the things you wanted to do this summer? What were you able to get completed this summer and what are you putting on your list for next summer? I hope you all have a great rest of the summer!