I was waiting in a gate for a long flight from Jackson to Washington DC. And I was checking around counting some families with children (2,3 and 4 years old) looking at them running around, screaming, etc. When finally we boarded they were the first, with a lot of bags, chairs and strollers. In that moment I was thinking if maybe we can create a nice, smart and easy list of items to travel with them in cars or airplanes.
Like what you ask?
• Books (with nice pictures, puzzles, music to keep them distracted)
• Music (children love music but sometimes is the last thing as parents we think to bring on the trip for them)
• At most 3 of their favorite toys (variety makes them happy)
• Good food and snacks (I saw a father giving soda to his daughter because they don’t have the juice she likes)
• Dress them comfortable (some were overdressed and some others needed a sweater for the direct a/c on the plane)
The flight was long and we finished with a poor baby crying maybe for more than an hour, this situation made me think on this topic. I know there are a lot more things to add to my list but if you can help with your comments I am sure we can do this together!