P2P-WY (Parent to Parent of Wyoming) is a network of volunteer parents that have children with disabilities that want to be a part of a bigger picture, they want to learn from other parents that may be going though the same issues that they are, as well as sharing their own experience’s, we all need to feel that we are not alone on this journey and there is someone that will understand and support us.
I just wanted to bring your attention a wonderful way that parents can connect with other parents, we are such a rural state and that makes it hard to have personal relationships with others that are in the same boat as we are, so P2P was born.
We have a variety of ways to “spread the word”.
· 1 on 1 contact matched according to your needs.
· Email distribution on what is happening in our state.
· The latest in educational and disability issues.
· Questions and answers from parents.
· Support from the Parent Information Center
· Support from P2P national
We are always looking for ideas to better support families; does anyone have some to share?